Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

I'm thinking of buying one of these... "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Hello wrist watch people,

What do you think of these Poljot Travelers? The price is great and they feature a world time rotating bezel as well. Is the cal. 31681 movement accurate and durable? Are there any problems that you know of with the Russian Chronographs? I like the way this watch looks. Any comments would be appreciated. eBay link here

Thanks,

William

P.S. In addition, the blue strap must go, and if you all give me approval on the purchase of this timepiece, I think the sky blue hands are a tad ugly and should be repainted white....making this watch a little more "Speedmasteresque".

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi William,

I think the decimal point is in the wrong place, it should be $36.50, Are these the old Swiss design movements?, he also claims accuracy of 60 sec span per day, a new WW should within a few seconds, Cheap $2 band should be metal, dial poor, hands poor, no picture of movement.
For a few $$ more you could have a real nice branded Swiss 7750 Chronograph metal band etc.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Just found the instructions for a similar model

ATTENTION, PLEASE

1 The Model 3133 movement includes a chronograph timer. This is activated by pushing the timer button.
2 For stopping the timer it is required to press the timer button once more.

3 For setting the timer to the zero position it is required to press the reset timer button.

4 The timer is intended solely for measuring short time intervals.
CAUTION: Pressing the reset timer button while the timer is running will cause a failure of the mechanism!

Use timer 30min max ! It is not made to run all the time - your watch will gain or loose time!

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
...Or maybe not.

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Member 935
posted
I prefer Swiss made makes and models. Check out Westcoasttime.com for some nice offerings. I talked with a watchmaker in Berkeley who is Russian and, of course, familiar with the Russian watches. He corrected my pronunciation of Poljot; it is pronounced Poly yacht.

Mort

Posts: 175 | Location: Davis, California USA | Registered: March 10, 2007