• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Need help Identifing some watches "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
While cleaning out my mother-in-laws house we came across several watches, I've searched thru the net but have not found any detailed info on any of them and would like to know if they are worth keeping or not.

The first is a small 1" 8 sided combination wrist & pocket type watch with REGO on the face and on the inside of the case is Illinois watch case co. ELGIN warranted giant 20 years and a serial #2597680, on the movement is swiss general w.co 15jewels 2 adj rego and no ser #. The case is gold in color but no markings could be found indicating what its made of.

The second is a BULOVA in an oblong decorative case 1" in length with blue stones on the winding knob and face. Inside the case is Bulova Quality 18K american Standard with a ser. #5172978. on the movement is 6W and # 95290 bulova.

The Third is a very small Hamilton aprox 1/2" square(to small to photo but i will try) with inside the case is Hamilton DORIS hamilton w co. lancaster, Pa 10K gold filled S648205 and S&W in a box. on the movement is hamilton USA 756 19 jewels and no ser #.
Thanks for all of your help. ps i've added a link to photobucket for photos of the watches.

slideshow of watches

Posts: 3 | Location: Summerfield, Florida in the USA | Registered: September 26, 2010
posted
With additional research I've found that the bulova resembles in shape and design a "penelope" from a 1926 bulova ad, however that one is listed as 14k and the one I have is marked 18k. I still haven't found anything about the others and I would have thought the one that looks like a combination pocket/wrist watch would have been of some interest. Oh well they may be destined for the scrap pile even though I do like the looks of the bulova just a shame it doesn't work!

Posts: 3 | Location: Summerfield, Florida in the USA | Registered: September 26, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Corey, Thanks for showing these nice wristwatches. None of them are "scrap". I know very little about the "Rego", but the others are all well known and good looking high end movments.

Their value which is mainly dependent on appearance and running condition. You research these much better from in the Price Guide wrist watch section.

If you do not have a copy of that you can get one very reasonably from our books available section.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
thanks for the info, I don''t really have the money right now to buy ref. books so was hopeful someone had access to the info. Thanks Again

posted
Corey, I found a vintage Bulova ad that also shows the penelope as a 18K version.

18kt. solid white cold; 2 diamonds and 4 sapphires set in platinum; 15 jewel $75.

See http://www.mybulova.com/watches/1926-penelope-551

Stephen
myBulova.com

Posts: 97 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: April 28, 2007