• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bulova 10 AN not in the book "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I bought a copy of the Bulova ABC Interchangeable Parts Catalog. I am working on some Bulova movements, but I specifically wanted more information on a 10AN model that was my grandfathers. That seems to be the only movement that is not in the book. What am I missing? There aren't any torn out pages that I can see.

If someone has that page, maybe you can email me a pdf of it. But I don't get it. Where is it? It's the 1963 edition. The watch is from the 40's.

Posts: 152 | Location: Miami, Florida in the USA | Registered: August 11, 2009
IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
Dale, I have a 1952 copy of the Bulova "Catalog of Interchangeable Parts" book that covers the 10AN model, problem is that each page list a different part with it's interchangeability making it impractical to copy the 60 needed different pages that cover the 10AN.
If you have questions on specific parts, I would be happy to look them up for you and tell you what models use the same parts....
Harold

Posts: 352 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona USA | Registered: November 25, 2002
posted
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll sit down and make a list of the things I'm looking for. The watch works but some of the parts are rusted so I just want to change them out. Cleaning didn't do too much.

Right now, off the top of my head I know I need a crown and stem.

IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
10AN stem is the same as 10AE, and 10AX.
Harold

Posts: 352 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona USA | Registered: November 25, 2002
posted
Dale, as Harold has indicated most parts of the 10AN are interchangable with the 10AE and 10AX. There are no others according to the documentation I have.

I have half a dozen 10AN movements in various non-working states. What other parts were you after?

Stephen
www.myBulova.com

Posts: 97 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: April 28, 2007
posted
Thanks to both of you.

I actually found 2 10Ax's in my bag of tricks so I'll finally be able to restore this watch now that I know which movement is interchangeable.

Now my only thorn is why does my book not cover those watches? It only has 10Ak. Just bugs me!

posted
Dale, what year was the book printed? The 10AN was manufactured from between 1926 and about 1935, so it may have dropped off some of the later parts cataloges.

10AK was a common 1940s and 50 movement.

Posts: 97 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: April 28, 2007
posted
The 1963 version of the catalog.

Interesting. See, my thinking was the later the catalog, the more comprehensive. So that's a good lesson.