Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Watch Deco-Info/Value??? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Mark Nathanson
posted
I looked in 2006 Guide For Watches. I could not find this watch. Does anyone have any information and value of this watch? Appreciated, thanks.

Posts: 206 | Location: Northern New York USA | Registered: January 06, 2006
posted
Mark,
You might try this: open the watch to see if there's a model name stamped in the back. If so, get on Ebay and go to the wrist watches area. You can then choose Hamilton from the list of brands and then use the search function to look for the particular model you have. It may take a few times looking to find that one, but it most likely will eventually show up. You can then watch the item until it sells and continue looking for that model and compare the winning bids. In my opinion, that's a good way to get a ballpark idea of what people are paying for an item.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
Mark,

Looks like a Hamilton ROSS from your pictures. I cant tell for sure. There are a couple on ebay for you to compare with.

Adam

Posts: 311 | Location: Near Youngstown, Ohio USA | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
Thanks-defintely looks like that "Ross". The movement says 980 with 17 jewel. Would it still be a "Ross"? Replies appreciated.

posted
If it is a Ross, and it sure looks like it, then you can find the estimated values in the 2006 watches book.

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
posted
Thanks. What is or does gold filled coral mean?

posted
Mark,

Coral was Hamiltons term used for pink or rose gold.

Adam

posted
Woops-looked closer at the "Ross" and the lugs are not the same. The movement says 980 and it is 17 jewels. Here is the serial #G225989. I am attaching a better picture. Hope this helps.

posted
Looks like a Ross. Movement dates to 39 which would be correct.

Adam

Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of Bryan J. Girouard
posted
Mark, your watch is indeed a "Ross" model. At some point during its life, the dial has been refinished incorrectly.

The dial of yours should appear as it does in the Shugart watch guide... with a two-tone pink and gold finish and Roman numerals. The hands on your watch are correct for the Roman numeral dial.

The watch was also available with solid 18K gold applied numerals on a Butler finish, but it would have had gold hands.

Bryan J. Girouard
Art Deco Wristwatches

Posts: 169 | Location: Dallas, Texas U.S.A, | Registered: March 30, 2004
posted
My Ross (serial number J10734) has a silver? dial, gold numerals and gold hands. The dial is a "D70" marked just below the seconds bit.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
I will take a better picture of the dial. From what I see on the dial, it looks old to be new or refinished. I bought it because of the dial. Liked its look. I guess it will be different. Just in case I decide to refinish it the correct way, where would you recommend to do the best refinish for this watch? All replies appreciated, thanks.