WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Found another Hamilton with a scarce dial variation "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
All the Hamilton Judsons I've seen have been the applied gold number (D-80) version. This is first I've seen with the D-81 dial. The bonus is that it's in great condtion! Neither my 1930's catalogs nor my vintage Hamilton ads show this model. If anyone can provide any additional information about this model, I would be very appreciative.

Posts: 113 | Location: Waukesha, Wisconsin USA | Registered: September 10, 2006
posted
Dial

posted
If you write research@nawcc.org with your membership number, I should be able to find a blueprint of this dial and confirm that it was used with your model. I am not going into volunteer this week, but will be in the following Friday.

Here is the picture of the Judson from the 1940 catalog that appears to have the D81. Notice is has the opposite color as yours, that is gold in the middle and light outside.

Don

Posts: 173 | Location: Columbia, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: July 13, 2004
IHC Member 500
Wristwatch Expert
Picture of René Rondeau
posted
The slight uneven printing of the Hamilton name, and the distinctly uneven demarcation between the center color and the rest of the dial makes me believe your dial has been refinished. It is certainly the gilt style, but at some point in its history it was redone with incorrect colors.

Posts: 183 | Location: Corte Madera, California USA | Registered: March 31, 2005
posted
All,

Just thought I'd pile on to this thread with a pic of a recently found "Paige" with the D-92 dial seen in Thomas' catalog page above. It's a neat little watch, but the dial is far enough gone that I'll have it done once I decide which refinishing house is most likely to do it right.

Regards,

Cary

Posts: 267 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama USA | Registered: December 12, 2005
posted
quote:
The slight uneven printing of the Hamilton name, and the distinctly uneven demarcation between the center color and the rest of the dial makes me believe your dial has been refinished. It is certainly the gilt style, but at some point in its history it was redone with incorrect colors.

I thought so as well, and will be sending it to International Dial to redo correctly. They've always done a great job at a reasonable price.

posted
Here is the Paige from the 1940 catalog.

Don

Posts: 173 | Location: Columbia, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: July 13, 2004