• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Illinois Beau Brummel 2 Tone "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Just picked this 2 tone Illinois up and figured I would share some pictures. Bezel & back of case are white while the center is green gold filled.

Posts: 311 | Location: Near Youngstown, Ohio USA | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
Side view. Looks yellow in the pics, but def. green.

posted
Back of case.

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Very nice, Adam.

I find it quite amazing that the Dial shows the age of the timepiece and yet the case etc, could have been manufactured yesterday.

Will you have the dail refinished or just 'tidied up?'

Again 'very nice!'

Thanks for sharing.

Roy.

"So mote it be!"

Posts: 463 | Location: London in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
Roy,

Thanks for the reply. When I got the watch, the person told me it was out of an estate and was thrown in with a bunch of buttons. It didn't have a crystal or crown when I got it, which is probably why the dial is so bad. I will probably just keep it the way it is untill a nicer example of an original dial comes up for sale.

Thanks again,

Adam

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Here's a white gf Beau Brummel which I recently sold, with an example of a somewhat-faded-but-still-rather nice original dial...

Adam

Posts: 261 | Location: Chicago, Illinois USA | Registered: June 01, 2006
posted
Adam,

Are you keeping or selling this TT BEAU-TY? If selling, please keep me in mind.

Regards,

Rick

Rick

Posts: 141 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2005
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Rick, sorry, it's gone! I sold it earlier this year. It was very nice, but had a bit of brassing on the high points of the bezel (somewhat visible in this photo).

Adam

Posts: 261 | Location: Chicago, Illinois USA | Registered: June 01, 2006
posted
That was fast! Adam,My email is: rv78@hotmail.com Please keep me in mind for future Illinois finds.

Regards,

Rick

Rick

posted
Rick,

Still got the Two Tone. I will be keeping it for awhile. I will add you to my contact list and if I ever decide to sell it, I will let you know. Do you have an extra Eagle you are interested in selling?

Thanks,

Adam Hutira

posted
Adam H,

Smile If I had one Illinois Eagle let alone 2, you can rest assured that I would be SCREAMING about it here. I bet I'd find more than a few willing to take it off my hands also.

I did pick up a suprisingly nice TT Atlantic the other day. Evidently these were referred to as an Atlantic-Plus. Fred F. tells me that he has seen many over the years. The center section extends well beyond the bezel -- considerably larger than a normal Atlantic. It is by far the largest old watch I own. Pretty cool if you've not seen one. Perhaps I'll try to get a decent picture up. Sadly, the back was replaced -- so the numbers on the green center and the Roman #'s inside the white bezel match, but sadly the white back does not since it was obviously replaced. Oh well, still a great wearer!

Rick

posted
Rick,

It was worth a try Cool If you do happen to get in the horrible situation of having two of them, send me an email. Big Grin

I would like to see a picture of your Atlantic whenever you get around to it. I dont have one of those yet.... in TT I just picked up a nice Illinois the other day as well. I will post some pics this evening.

Adam

posted
Adam,

Please do email me -- or post your email address here. We seem to have a common interest... and we might indeed be able to help each other out. Though I would also be thrilled to take that extra Eagle off your hands too!! Smile

Regards,

Rick

posted
Rick,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I had to go out of town for a couple days to visit some sick relatives. My email address recently changed and is now wileloses@sbcglobal.net Feel free to email me anytime.

Adam

P.S. Will try to get the photos up tonight of my newest Illinois.

posted
I thought I left the Illinois at the shop, but I brought it home. Here are some pictures. I recently bought a collection of wire-lug and early cushion wristwatches. There was about 80 in the collection. The person liked the looks of them, but never wore them or even fixed them up. They were all thrown in a box not working. This is one of them. Will post some pics of a Hamilton later.

Adam

posted
Back of case.

posted
Case Marking

posted
Nice 11J Illinois Movement.