Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Rolex 1939 Gents TT "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
I just picked this up I was told its a 1939 looks 7J marked Rolex on ratchet wheel (haven't pulled the dial or anything yet) can anyone confirm it is a early Rolex, seen any other examples sold etc, any information welcome
thanks

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Hi Chris: The case is signed W&D,which is Wilsdorf and Davis the founders of Rolex Wink

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Thanks Tom that's a good bit of information to have. Smile

Chris

IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Chris,
I sure hope you will post pics of this watch once you get it all cleaned up.
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
posted
Chris, the movement has the configeration of a Rebberg Rolex. I would say yes it is a Rebberg Rolex , seven jewel version.

Posts: 785 | Location: Tijeras, New Mexico USA | Registered: July 12, 2005
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Tony, its a friends if I can find out a rough value he may have it cleaned, after Ernest gave that "Rebberg" ref I have been able to find all kind of information on the net.

thanks guys,