Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Pulsar LED "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...now I know that I had taken the pledge...that I would only wear classic mechanicals...then I saw this Hamilton 'Pulsar' '72 LED and I fell in love...I wear it daily now and use it to time my clocks and watches...not only does it show time, seconds and a 'hack' feature, month and day, day of the week complete alarm (a feature that I will come to depend on more and more as the memory 'synapses' continue to wither)...I love it and I'm glad!!!...Jim C

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...and full face...

IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
also....1972
Hamilton brings this new futuristic 'time computer' to market and names it after
"pulsating stars" in astronomy, which give off bursts of energy and is extremely accurate.
The Hamilton Pulsar is an instant hit. Everyone wants one: politicians, movie stars,
entertainers and many other public figures. Gerald Ford sports his while testifying in the
Nixon pardon, and the Shah of Iran, King Hussein and Haile Selassie wear theirs with
pride. It is reported that Sammy Davis Jr.'s watch is stolen and is so distraught he
demands his jeweler get him another no matter what the cost. The Pulsar is featured by
Hugh Downs on the Today Show and by Johnny Carson on the Tonight Show. The
programs fuel the digital frenzy to a fevered pitch. People line up to purchase the
Hamilton Pulsar LED despite the $2,100 price tag. The digital becomes the watch to
own.

American Time magazine, top watchmakers and horological experts name the Hamilton
Pulsar LED as one of the top 20 important wristwatches of the twentieth century.
American Time defines 'important' as being one or more of 4 characteristics; represents
technological breakthroughs; has innovative design; enduring popularity; and examples of
watchmaking virtuosity ..

IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
There is a good article on these watches in Watch Time magazine this month.

Scott Cerullo

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...thanks Scott...I'll look for it...Jim C