Internet Horology Club 185
18k ladies vitalis? who is vitalis?

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9886009961/m/5181031233

January 15, 2009, 14:59
James Murphy Jr.
18k ladies vitalis? who is vitalis?
I have this 18k solid Ladies Vitalis. I am trying to figure out a few things. 1. who made vitalis 2. What are all these marks on the back? and are they rare?
First I know that the case is 18k and I found out that the marks on the back indicate a dublin import mark for 18k in 1952 and another mark indicates 18k from swiss and the assey office is La Chaux-de-Fonds . I never seen a vitalis bfore and the watch is really nicely made and crafted. The design is rather unique but when were they madeor exactly what company made them? Is this what the other marks tell you? The watch belongs to a friend of my mother and she gave it to me. Her father had a hobby of repairing watches but the mens and most of the ladies watches were destroyed in a fire back in the 60's that burned the house to the ground. Ashame too. She told me that her dad had almost every brand from the 20's and before and up to the 60's including several very old rolexes and omegas (these were his favorite she said) But this watch is one that survived. The watch still runs perfect!!
Any help about the maker or company that made them would be appreciated,also are they common? collectable? thanks again and any info would be greatly appreciated