• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Gruen Extreme Curvex "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Here's a couple of follow up pictures of a restored Gruen "Extreme" Curvex which my good friend Rich Kuhn did for me. Talk about patience, Rich has certainly got it. !!! These unique type of watches are not the easiest things to work on.

I'll most likley put this one up for sale on EBAY later this year unless somebody from the IHC would like to acquire it before then. If anyone is interested please contact me by e-mail to discuss pricing details. Big Grin

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
posted
Here's another view of this radical, and pretty rare Curvex. This watch contains a Caliber 330 movement.

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

posted
Gorgeous! Rich does very nice work!

Are the 330's the most curved of the Gruen movements?

Posts: 315 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: April 07, 2005
posted
Barbara,
I believe the 330 is the most curved of all the Gruen movements from this period..

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

posted
Remarkable watch Dave. I do love Gruens and their "Guild" approach to manufacturing. Fred Gruen is one of my American heros. Guilds were a very British approach to manufacturing, originally, and it works to promote a level of quality that a customer can rely on.

I don't own a Gruen but will rectify that as soon as I can. Smile

I may have to restrict my watch collecting to British and American. But those that visit my site seem to be intrested in my Russian watches at the moment, mostly.

I'll stick to my Yankee watch addiction if no one minds. Wink

Regards,

Stan

Posts: 3 | Location: Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom | Registered: July 13, 2005