Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Couple of WWs to give info on. "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1016
posted
I picked up a couple WW the other day and would like opinions as to whether they are worth saving. I tore into the Villereuse and it is a 7 jewel and I broke the upper pinion on the escape wheel. I do have the hands for it. It may be just a case salvage at best. The other, Tevo Watch Co., has had a metallurgist working on the back. I'm trying to learn something about WWs so I am buying some cheapies to work on/at.

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Member 1016
posted
The backs

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Member 1016
posted
Here is the movement for the Villereuse

IHC Member 1016
posted
And the movement for the Tevo. The Tevo was actually running but the hands don't move.

Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
I think they are good practice watches, parts donor movements.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
IHC Member 1016
posted
Thanks Gary, for both responses, I'm really just getting my feet wet with WWs. I got these for $4 each and can't go too wrong.