• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Accutron problem "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I HAVE ABOUT 20 ACCUTRONS. LAST WEEK I REPLACED BATTERIES IN ABOUT 8 WATCHES . ALL 8 STARTED HUMMING AND THE SECOND HANDS MOVED BUT 2 OF THE WATCHES THE HOUR AND MIN HANDS DID'NT MOVE EXCEPT WHEN SET. I JUST SAW A ACCUTRON CLOCK FOR SALE ON EBAY WITH THE SAME PROBLEM . WHAT IS IT? THANKS MARTY ...

Martin Bergman

Posts: 42 | Location: Garrison New York, USA | Registered: December 27, 2005
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
I'm sure one of our Accutron experts will chime in directly, but as I recall, the canon pinion requires particular greasing in the course of servicing, as the hands will tend to bind up after many years of use and no lubrication. You can move the hands manually, but the movement does not have the extra power to move the hands with the dry unlubricated pinion.

It sounds like your watches need servicing, and that particular grease applied to the canon pinion during the COA.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
You mean I remembered one right, folks?! Eek

WOW! I'm making progress!!!! Smile

HIGH regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
posted
thanks Mark
i'll try that
marty

Martin Bergman

Posts: 42 | Location: Garrison New York, USA | Registered: December 27, 2005
IHC Life Member
posted
Is the hands setting mechanism working OK, and returning the hands correctly to the running mode ?

I seem to remember that backset Accutrons have a pin of variable length attached to the back set key to operate the hands when the key is lifted.

DM

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005