• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Illinois Ensign TT "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Just got this one to add to my Illinois Collection. I have been looking for a nice 2 tone Ensign for awhile. This one is very clean with very minimal plating wear on the top of the bottom right lug. Going to re-lume the hands to match the re-finished dial a little better. Just thought I would share some pics of it. If anyone has a nice original dial for this watch, I would be interested. I would rather have an original one than a re-finished.

Posts: 311 | Location: Near Youngstown, Ohio USA | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
Back

posted
Crown

posted
Side

Picture of Mark Nathanson
posted
I bought this one,out for repair so sending pic from site. I paid $125 for it. Was that a good price? Looks to be original dial. Hope this helps. Not as good condition as yours.

Posts: 206 | Location: Northern New York USA | Registered: January 06, 2006
Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
posted
Magnificent Photographs!

Wonderful Watch!

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198
Life Member# 17

Posts: 813 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: January 22, 2003
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Adam, lovely Illinois 'Ensign'. The secondary second hand @ 9 o/c quite striking! The 2 tone case is quite amazing as well. A really super timepiece!

Mark, these Illinois are really lovely looking wrist watches. What do you date timepiece?
Please post pictures when timepiece returned from 'mender!'

Thanks for sharing.

Timely regards.

Roy.

"So mote it be!"

Posts: 463 | Location: London in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
Mark,

Nice watch. Seems like a decent price to me. It is under "low book" I have had a lot of the engraved versions. They are pretty hard to find without wear on the corners.

Bill,

Thank you! Find any new Hamilton watches lately?

Roy,

Thank you! I also like the subs at 9. I think it adds a lot of character to the watch. Watch dates to approx. 1930

Adam

posted
Adam.

I will have to locate it, but I am sure that I have a nice original Ensign dial. I bought it in a dial group a while back with hopes that it would fit my TT Mate, but it was an Ensign dial instead. If you still need it, I will search. Smile

Regards,

Rick

Rick

Posts: 141 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2005
posted
Rick,

Thanks for the note. If you have a nice one with the subs at the 9, let me know a price. No hurry finding it though.

Thanks again,

Adam

posted
Adam,

I located the Ensign Dial -- and it is a beauty! All original, silver dial, silver butler center, black outlined numerals with white (not luminous, I think) enamel numbers. It is also marked as an original on the back -- dated 11.29.29, with no other refinish marks. A little wear on the outer track near the 11 and a spot near the 3, but otherwise excellent condition.

Now for the bad news -- the sub second is at the 6 position. I'll keep it handy just in case someone else needs one for a project.

Regards,

Rick

Posts: 141 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2005