Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

My Grandfathers watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
He gave this to me when he passed away.

Don't know anything at all about Waltham, came across it by chance.

It has an elasticated strap, it was easier for him as he only had 1 arm (WW2 grenade).

Hoping to get it refurbed, mainly for sentimental reasons, plus it always works as soon as i pick it up.

Any information on this watch would be appreciated

Posts: 2 | Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom | Registered: March 06, 2007
posted
Bob,
welcome aboard the IHC. Smile

I'm sure somebody will give you some information about your grandfathers watch.

TIP: when posting your pictures on IHC boards, please try and reduce the size of the images so they can be seen without scrolling side to side. I've found keeping the image size to no more than 150K-200K (i.e a pixel width of around 550- 600) works pretty well. Big Grin

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Good morning, Bob.

Good to have you aboard. Nice to see a fellow 'Brit!'

Grandads watch would probably need a clean and service a new 'crystal' (glass!)or the crystal polished and then you will have a watch I am sure you will be proud to wear!

Timely regards.

Roy.

"So mote it be!"

Posts: 463 | Location: London in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
Hi fella's

i never really had a chance to get it sorted, but even though its not worth anything in monetary value, i still wear it on special occasions even with its wear n tear.

i am on the look out for a reputable repairer locally, as i can't bring myself to post it to anyone.

regards

bob

Posts: 2 | Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom | Registered: March 06, 2007