Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Automatic Movement? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello,

I am having trouble getting information on this swiss-made #669 automatic movement; there doesn't appear to be any info on the internet about it. I know it was made on contract for Hamilton by a swiss movement maker. Does anyone know how old it is, and who the original swiss movement maker was? Thank you very much.

Tony F.

Posts: 14 | Location: Macomb County, Michigan USA | Registered: January 07, 2007
posted
Tony,

If you look under the balance wheel area there should be some markings there denoting the movement manufacturer. One of the company's that made movements for Hamilton was ETA.

Though I don't know for sure, I'm thinking that the movement is from the 1970's

Posts: 95 | Location: Pembroke Pines, Florida USA | Registered: January 16, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
It is indeed an ETA, probably something like a 1256.

DM

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
posted

Posts: 173 | Location: Columbia, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: July 13, 2004
posted
Thank you very much for your help and feedback.

Tony F.

Posts: 14 | Location: Macomb County, Michigan USA | Registered: January 07, 2007
Picture of Jim Robson
posted

Posts: 116 | Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma USA | Registered: February 07, 2007