Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

1929 Bulova "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
Thought I'd post this old guy. Vintage 1929, 15 jewel, gold filled case, runs and stops. I bought a pocket watch from the bay a while back and the seller threw it and another wrist watch in the box.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
posted
Movement.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
posted
One more.

posted

Posts: 97 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: April 28, 2007
posted
very nice I love these watches.. I believe it is a 10AN movement.. Fun to work on and runs like a champ!

Posts: 4 | Location: Linden, New Jersey in the USA | Registered: March 08, 2011
posted
I decided to try working on another 10 AN movement, seemed to just need service. Tore it down, cleaned in ultrasonic, pegged jewels, lubed and reassembled, dropped a couple parts, luckily found them. got it back together, not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be, a couple winds, off it goes. Here's the rub, I can't get it to go from wind to set mode. there was some corrosion on setting parts and I didn't disassemble the setting mechanism as it was functioning before I got to it. Help, ideas, thoughts.

Gary