WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ever seen a Hamilton PipingRock Chronograph Lemania 1873? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Chris Schirren
posted
Hi everyone! I thought I know quite a bit about Hamilton, but I just bought one which is much younger than what I normally collect. It was sold as a 1982 Hamilton Piping Rock Medium Chronograph:
Movement 17J manual wind Lemania 1873 serial # 4429510
Stainless Steel case No. 1367
Diameter 32,5mm
I have not been able to find anything in the internet about this watch, may be one of you guys can give me some input. Seems to me what I bought because I just loved the design, is a rare watch. The movement is running 3 days straight on the spot with my radio controlled clock, no wonder this movement was base movement for the Omega Speedmaster.
Thanks!/Chris

Posts: 58 | Location: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: September 02, 2005
IHC Life Member
posted
Hamilton did sell a version with a quartz movement some years back -- either yours has been converted from this or a limited issue was made with mechanical movement -- which was what Hamilton did with the regular Piping Rock replica.

dan

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
Picture of Chris Schirren
posted
Thanks Dan, conversion guess we can rule out. Inside out perfect except some scratches from opening case and bezel. They guy said he bought it used 10 years ago.

Chris.

Posts: 58 | Location: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: September 02, 2005
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
Wow, that's a neat one.

Posts: 261 | Location: Chicago, Illinois USA | Registered: June 01, 2006