• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Pierce Chronographs "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
This is my most recent Pierce Chronograph -- my 3rd. I like the gold filled and stainless case. On the sides it has a matte/satin finish, but on the front it is glossy. These are the sellers photos, but the spots on the lower right lug are not actually there.

Rick

Posts: 141 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2005
posted
The back

posted
Very nice watch Rick. Are all of the case backs like the one you have pictured?. A lot of work to get the back off, is it a special waterproof type or ?.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
Ray,

I am still learning about them, so if those who know more could share some addional information that would be GREAT.

Here is another almost identical example I own without the screws on the back. The gold filled example is marked as waterproof, this steel example is not. I also own an older 1-button example in a more typical chrome case, and it has 4 screws on the back and is also marked waterproof. I intentionally bought 3 very different cases to start my exploration on Pierce. Smile

Regards,

Rick

posted
Here is the front of it.

Rick

posted
This is my original Pierce 1-button chrono. All of these images are the sellers photos -- taken BEFORE each watch was serviced.

Regards,

Rick

posted
This is the back.. sorry the old sticker was over the markings, but the 4 screws are (barely) visable. Smile

Regards,

Rick

posted
Those are some beauties, I really like that "1 button" chrono. Thanks for showing them.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
Beautiful watches Rick, here´s one I just aquired, which is a British Military Patern 3169, wrist stop watch, Pierce 13 lignes cal 134. Used by the British naval artillery in WW2. Continuosly running but no time of day.
Mine is the exact watch used by Konrad Knirim in his book; British Military Timepieces, Page 618 (compare the numbers on the back)

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
posted
Werner,

AMAZING WATCH!! Thanks for posting this information! I saw this example sell a few weeks ago, and I WONDERED what it REALLY was and its original use. I was ITCHING to bid for it, but I did not because I simply had no idea what it truly was. It's nice to know "the rest of the story". Smile

Rick