• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Opinions Requested "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I recently acquired the Hamilton watch in the attached picture. Is this a Webster? It seems to closely resemble the illustrations of this model in the Rondeau book and the Complete Guide... The movement is a 979F. The 14k gf Wadsworth case does not have any Hamilton markings on the inside of the back cover. in addition to the Wadsworth and 14k gold filled markings the mark 6/0 is there. Is the lack of any Hamilton mark on the case an indication that the case is a generic replacement made to fit any 6/0 movement? The crown is not like those in the two illustrations.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
You are correct, this is a Webster, ca. 1934 because of the use of the 979 movement (I have a similar; the earlier ones made used the 987). The case is undoubtably genuine, but I'm not sure about the crown. Mine has a more streamlined profile. Here's a pic of mine.

Adam

Posts: 261 | Location: Chicago, Illinois USA | Registered: June 01, 2006
posted
Thanks! The stem may be a bit too long on my watch. The models illustrated in the two books have conical crowns which taper toward the case.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002