Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Valjoux Movement Identification please? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
While going through my late Fathers collection of odds and ends (he was a lifelong watchmaker), I discovered this movement, which I will eventually be selling. It appears to be a Valjoux, but which model? The movement is marked "Aristo import co. inc." "17 jewels, unadjusted" and "Swiss". any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Posts: 248 | Location: Tacoma, Washington in the USA | Registered: March 10, 2009
posted
it looks like a 22 or the 71, both are simular, 14l but i may be wrong. let see wat the experts have to say...Francis
Can you post photo of the front and i can tell u for sure which model it is. thanks of course less the dial.

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
Thank you Francis - here is the rear pic....

Posts: 248 | Location: Tacoma, Washington in the USA | Registered: March 10, 2009
posted
Mate thank you for the Pic, it is a model 71. my book says "recording Chronograph, hour recorder.. Hope that helps. Cheers Francis

IHC Life Member
posted
Thank you Mr. Bowman, you assistance is greatly appreciated!

Kevin

posted
with only being a newbie of 2-3yrs now i am glad i have learnt enought from books and also this site to know the marking, plus a little book called the " finger print" has a collection of Chrono photos of all models front and back making it a lot easier to know which was which as the fronts seem to be the same on a lot of them. Francis