• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

not lady or tiger "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
have been keeping this one for years.. waiting for a movement stem and setting parts...

maybe I should just sell it as is.. mido art deco

Posts: 764 | Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida USA | Registered: June 26, 2003
posted
Jeff,
If you ever get tired of it and it's not to much i would love to take a shot at reviving it...
Take Care
John

Posts: 98 | Location: Oviedo, Florida USA | Registered: June 13, 2005
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Beautiful! mm mm mm

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of Bryan J. Girouard
posted
Jeff, I share a love of the Art Deco ladies' enamel watches, too. That one is perhaps the most incredible one I've seen. If you decide to get rid of it, let me know.

Here's a little Bulova I picked up recently with three colors of enamel on the bezel.

Bryan J. Girouard
Art Deco Wristwatches

Posts: 169 | Location: Dallas, Texas U.S.A, | Registered: March 30, 2004
Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of Bryan J. Girouard
posted
As neat as the Bulova is, its original box is at least equal to it in style and design.

Bryan J. Girouard
Art Deco Wristwatches

Posts: 169 | Location: Dallas, Texas U.S.A, | Registered: March 30, 2004
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Bryan,
I go to your site and drool quite often, I just LOVE your watches.
The E7 is outstanding, and I like the Spur so much, that I just go there to look at it.

Jeff, I seem to do the same with this one, it's really nice, and one you won't find again.

Beautiful!

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
Picture of Ronda Davidson
posted
Those watches are beautiful. I collect the ladies enamels -- I especially want to find all of the Elgin Parisiennes. In the meantime, here's one of my favorites:

Posts: 27 | Location: San Antonio, Texas USA | Registered: August 14, 2005
posted
Bryan is the master for sure! Those of who seldom come by them are appreciative!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5022538396&rd=1&rd=1

This one is gone...
But cool...

Posts: 764 | Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida USA | Registered: June 26, 2003
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Put on my shades...

WELCOME ABOARD RONDA!!!

The hobby has for far too long overlooked ladies watches and one day they will be appreciated as they truly deserve to be.

Art-Deco 1920s styling is the height of cool.

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Ronda,

Welcome to IHC 185 - hope you enjoy it here!

Gorgeous watch! Are they difficult to find?

Barbara

Wink

Posts: 315 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: April 07, 2005
posted
I am always looking. When I first started collecting, I was sort of "scattershot" about it. I liked the Deco era best, and I eventually narrowed my focus to the ladies' enamels. EBay is a wonderful resource, and I also make the rounds of local and area antique shops, flea markets, etc. Sometimes I look all day and find nothing, and sometimes I get lucky. Last week, I found a nice Elgin "Madame Jenny" from the Parisienne line at my final stop after finding nothing else all day!

It seems as if ladies watches are a niche market and not too many people are interested. I took one of my enamels to a local jeweler for repair and he couldn't understand my interest in them. In fact, he said he'd once had quite a few and he used the metal for scrap. (I found another watch repairman after that.)

Aren't the Illinois and Bulova above gorgeous? And the Mido is so unique! I saw the Illinois 0n EBay and wanted to bid, but it (rightfully) zoomed past my budget. I have the green Illinois below, but the red is wonderful. I just love seeing everyone's great finds!

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Beautiful watch Ronda,

Thanks a million for sharing it with us.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Jeff,
What is the caliber of the Mido? and what parts do you need?
J Smith

Posts: 188 | Location: Warrenton, North Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: January 12, 2003
posted
setting lever, detent screw.

Any help appreciated.

posted
here's one i have on ebay right now
ladies elgin green with black enamel

http://cgi.ebay.com/20s-Amazing-ArT-dEcO-enameled-ladie...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Posts: 109 | Location: Brookpark, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: January 06, 2005
posted
Pete -- I have that watch with cobalt enamel. Thought you might be interested. I have yours on my watch list. Maybe I'll get lucky at auction's end!

posted
Here is my newest treasure! It's one of the LeLongs from Elgin's Parisienne series and I think it is very deco/geomettic. In case ya'll haven't noticed, I collect the ladies' deco enamels, and I'm always looking for more.

posted
ronda , i share your love of and beauty of the enamels ... i like your " blue one even better than mine . my passion is mainly with old vintage wristwatches along with ball pocket watches .
being a man so i dont collect them , but it brings a great deal of delight to sell them to someone whio can wear them and enjoy .. nice speaking with you

Posts: 109 | Location: Brookpark, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: January 06, 2005