WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Favre Leuba, nothing special in first sight but... "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Bernhard Schmidt
posted
what a nice movement. It has two jeweled mainspring barrels (I hope I got that right in english). I think this looks like a very high quality movement and it´s good looking aswell. The problem is that I have hard to find anything written about Favre Leuba wrist watch era. Does anyone have any suggestion or information?
Regards!
Bernhard

Posts: 423 | Location: Västerås in Swedem | Registered: January 02, 2004
posted
and mvt

posted
When I look at the picture it looks like a part of the regulator is missing.

Picture of Jim Rogers
posted
Favre Leuba

Official Name :COMPAGNIE DES MONTRES FAVRE-LEUBA S.A

Officially founded in Le Locle in 1737 by Abraham Favre, the brand FAVRE, which later came to be known as FAVRE LEUBA, bears one of the oldest names in Swiss watch-making history.

It is the second oldest Swiss brand, after Blancpain, which dates back to 1735. It has had its difficulties, notably during the crises of the 1970s and 1980s,
The ‘Jacques Bénédict – Time Force Group’ obtained Favre Leuba license and is suppose to re-introduce the brand to the market

Favre Leuba SA
ch. du Grand-Puits 42
CH-1217 Meyrin-Genève
Switzerland
Phone: +41 - (0)22 - 989 09 11
Fax: +41 - (0)22 - 989 09 10

Posts: 151 | Location: Atkinson, New Hampshire U.S.A. | Registered: October 17, 2004
posted
Thanks Jim!
Le Locle, wasn´t that the place where Jules Jürgensen was working?

Picture of Jim Rogers
posted
Some say JJ was formed in 1740 possible if so it was actually Urg Jurgensen at the Danish Court. JJ was formed in Locle in 1834 by JJ as listed on the Swiss foundation log.

JJ was Danish. All JJ watches today are made in the US with swiss parts as far as I know.

Jules Jurgensen Helbros International
101 West City Avenue
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004

Posts: 151 | Location: Atkinson, New Hampshire U.S.A. | Registered: October 17, 2004
posted
Jim,
I'm always amazed, and very impressed with your wristwatch responses. We're all learning from you.
Great job. !!! Big Grin Big Grin

Thanks

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
Picture of Jim Rogers
posted
Dave,
Thanks for the compliment but the truth of the matter is I really don't know to much. I just like doing the research and I learn when I do it.

Also, provides me a little more info on a marque I don't know very much about, and believe me some of them are hard to ferret out.,LOL