Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Breitling question "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1063
posted
Can anyone recommend a watch repairman who would work on (clean/oil) a Breitling chronograph? I understand that not every watch guy is so inclined.

Thanks,
Dana

Posts: 242 | Location: Massachusetts in the USA | Registered: February 07, 2008
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Hi Dana,
This master Watchmaker right here should be able to fix you up.

Abellwatchmakers@nctv.com

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...6013713/m/7771058762

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
IHC Member 1063
posted
Phillip-

Since the watch guy(s) I deal with locally don't like to handle complicated chronograph movements, I assumed it was a widespread phenomenon. I'll contact Chris.

Thanks

Posts: 242 | Location: Massachusetts in the USA | Registered: February 07, 2008
posted
I tried to have a modern Breitling worked on by someone I know is capable of working on chronographs. However, he declined to work on mine because he couldn't get Breitling factory original parts. It was especially critical in that apparently you have to replace the hands when you work on the watch. So, it went back to the factory and I paid the "Breitling" price. Ouch!

Posts: 292 | Location: Vancouver, Washington, USA | Registered: May 19, 2005
posted
First I ever heard of the hands have to be replaced in a service I still got all the original hands on every watch that I ever had serviced.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
replacing the hands is a Breitling thing I believe. At least that is what I was told by someone who was capable of but turned down a several hundred dollar job.

Posts: 292 | Location: Vancouver, Washington, USA | Registered: May 19, 2005
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Dana, here is a Breitling I have on Ebay right now that was serviced by Chris.

Serviced Breitling

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006