How many wristwatches do you own? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
This poll may prove very interesting!

How many wristwatches do you own?

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
posted
So far we had 59 views but only 12 people have voted. What's up with that?

Doesn't cost anything, you remain anonymous.

Let's all participate please!

Stephanie O'Neil

posted
Stephanie,
I was one of those that voted. Wink

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
Picture of Stephen L. Russell
posted
Well..My response was not listed..

a total of 2..one is lost but in the house,the other I wear alot now.

Posts: 849 | Location: Victoria, British Columbia Canada | Registered: December 05, 2003
posted
Stephen,
I think it's time you diversified your portfolio, and bought some wristwatches Big Grin

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Picture of Jim McKinney
posted
I "collect" RR PWs . . . but . . . I've only "accumulated" a few WWs over the years since the 60's - Mido, Seiko, Rolex - I voted anyway - Roll Eyes Big Grin

Timely Regards,

Posts: 231 | Location: Northern Virginia in the U.S.A. | Registered: April 10, 2004
posted
Stephanie i have more than 2 maybe 4, i wear my chinese 2 jewel wristwatch for work sometimes and i wear my Elgin chrono for dress up.
I will most likely collect mosty pocket watches , and the odd wrist watch if i see something that really srtikes me like the ww2 Hamilton wrist watches, they are very nice.
Smile Big Grin

posted
Dave, well I would have hoped you voted! Big Grin Wink

Stephen, I'm with Dave. Can we convert you? Big Grin
You only need to purchase one more wristwatch and you will then have a ww collection! Roll Eyes

Jim Mc., Mido, Seiko, Rolex ww's, sounds like a collection to me! Big Grin

and Kevin, watch out Roll Eyes, wristwatch collecting can also become contagious! Eek

We've reached 171 views on our poll count in 3 days, and a mere 21 votes have been casted. Clearly, 38% (or 8 votes) showed members having more than 50 wristwatches in their collection! Eek Smile I realize members look in from time to time to view poll results but geez, where are the votes? All you need to do is click on one of the choices, then click the word "Vote". That's quite a lot of viewing! How's about the voting? Roll Eyes

Stephanie O'Neil

IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Steph,

I voted! I have too many but not enough. Smile

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
posted
30 Hamilton's. 1920's to 1960's. I wear them all, but usually only one at a time. Big Grin

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198
Life Member# 17

Posts: 813 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: January 22, 2003
posted
I voted also. The most I ever wore at any one time is half a dozen I think. I used to wear two auto's on each arm and carry two or three in my hands while I did my daily walk. That's much less expensive than buying winders and healthy too.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
I have more than 49, but less than, "More than 50" I have exactly 50 wristwatches. lol

I didn't even know I had that many.
I didn't count the 3 RING WATCHS either.

Only about 35 of those would be considered collectors watches.

Some of those are new, very cheap, wristwatches to give away. The new, old $1.00 watch type.

Since I love Elgins, I like to buy the $1.00 reproduction type ones, at Walmart to pass on to kids, or friends. Then, if they ask I will tell them about the original ones that look like the one I give them.

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
Picture of Jim Rogers
posted
Well,
I am sort of new to watch collecting and I own about 26 watches. I really focus on manual and autos.
What i have done is created a web site basically for my own use with pictures, the attributes of the watches, company foundation and history and some personal comments.

Would be neat if we could have a thread that people could post a link to anything like that that maybe they created so we could share with everybody.
The bride thinks I am in need of serious medication, but I am sure all my fellow collectors understand.
What good is this stuff if you can share it with people who appreciate the beauty in these things

Posts: 151 | Location: Atkinson, New Hampshire U.S.A. | Registered: October 17, 2004
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Jim,

Welcome to Chapter 185 our members from eighteen countries around the world are happy to have you with us.

The areas you mention already exist on our Chapter 185 Discussion Site. Our "Technical Library and Site Links" is highly informitive, we also provide a "Members Business Directory" on-site as well as the ability to link your web-site every time you post. Call me this afternoon at (440) 461-0167 and I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

May I urge you to join our chapter as there are many benefits. Click this link for more information...

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums?a=frm&s=3206049661&f=1386019371

Take some time to "tour" our site as there are many worthwhile categories and forums.

This is friendly place with a lot of great people.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of Claude Girardin
posted
I cannot answer your poll, as I own only one watch: an "recreated" antique Waltham gold wristwatch.

All the other watches I had previously worn in my life, or the Waltham watches I have been wearing since 1996, were / are company lent.

Posts: 168 | Location: Nidau-Biel/Bienne, Switzerland | Registered: July 06, 2004
posted
Claude,
have you ever thought of diversifying a little, and on occasions wearing another brand Eek
( we wouldn't tell Wink ) ??

I'm sure some of the IHC members have a lot really nice wristwatches to "tempt you with".

(don't we guys & gals ?? ***!!! Big Grin Big Grin)

Remember the old saying: Variety is the spice of life !!! Smile

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

IHC Life Member
Picture of Claude Girardin
posted
Appreciating your comments, Dave. Throughout my already approx. 32 years within the Watch Industry I have had - and I am still having - aplenty Temptations & Variety spicing my life and making it quite enjoyable, without additionnaly collecting watches.

Just as you would not expect the US President to wear some foreign flag on his jacket, you cannot expect me to wear another brand than the one I happen to be the leading manager since 1996.

But of course I truly appreciate looking at every nice and interesting watch, independently from the brand. The older I get and the more I learn to know, the more I am getting fascinated by the world of time-keeping.

Posts: 168 | Location: Nidau-Biel/Bienne, Switzerland | Registered: July 06, 2004
IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
I really don’t know. I stopped counting after 200. It changes daily. I guess I really should figure on Loretta’s as well. That would up the ante considerably. I did vote.

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

Posts: 896 | Location: New Jersey in the USA | Registered: December 16, 2002