• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Tudor quartz.Genuine or fake? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have recently seen some rolex Tudor quartz watches for sale on ebay.Apparently, they are battery operated.I was unsure as to wether these are genuine or fake.I remember vaguely that rolex did make some battery operated watches in the mid 1960's to mid /late 1970's?? Now as far as i can recall they still had a swiss movement in whu=ich the barrety operated the movement instaed of oscillation.Please correct me if I am wrong.Now back to the Tudor quartz.I contacted the 2 buyers on ebay who were selling these battery operated quartz watches informing them that they are more than likely fake asgenuine Tudor watches are not battery operated or quartz.However, one seller said they had an advert from the 1960 era detailing quartz Tudor watches, and the other seller said they have dealt with rolex and tudor watches for many years.Who is right, the sellers or me? Did rolex actually do battery operated quartz watches, and if so do they still do them now?Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 26 | Location: Nottingham, England | Registered: March 31, 2009
posted
Michael

I think the 1960 date ist too early !

As far as I know:
1970 Rolex had a QUARTZ-Date with swiss movement (1000 pieces)
1977 Rolex had their own quartz movement and used it in Oysterquartz, O..-Datejust and O..-Day-Date models for 25 years.
At the same time Tudor sold quartz watches using a tudor-quartz movement which was a Tudor labeled ETA movement.
If the seller has an ad of a Tudor-quartz watch from 1960, I would be really surprised ! Maybe he has an ad of 1960 model Tudor - replica ?

Regards,
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
posted
many thanks for your help Gerald.I was a bit dubious of the Tudor quartz especially from the 1960's.

Posts: 26 | Location: Nottingham, England | Registered: March 31, 2009