Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Wire Lug Watch... "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hamilton Wire Lug Watch...

Does anyone happen to have a Sterling version of this watch which they would care to share some pictures of? I am interested in seeing the case markings on the inside back.

Thanks,

Adam

Posts: 311 | Location: Near Youngstown, Ohio USA | Registered: January 11, 2006
Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
posted
Adam:

What kind and type of watch are you asking about? Do you have a picture or at the very least a description (i.e., movement model, dial and case description) of the watch.

Will

Posts: 80 | Location: Carlstadt, New Jersey U.S.A. | Registered: January 23, 2005
posted
Will,

Thanks for the reply. I was in a rush this AM and didn't have much time for the post. The watch I would like to see pictures of is the Wire Lug / Strap watch made by Hamilton in the 20's. I understand BWC made the cases and that they were owned by Fahys. I was wondering if the cases were marked BWC or if they were marked Fahys.

The reason I am enquiring is because I picked up an early Illinois wire lug military watch in a Sterling Silver case. The case is very similiar to the early Hamilton wire lug cases. The watch is all original and has an original luminous black dial. The case is marked Fahys Sterling Patent Pending 3/0 & serial number. I can't find any information on early Illinois Military watches that are similiar that have known case makers and was thinking this may be a Hamilton case????

Adam

Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of Bryan J. Girouard
posted
Adam, Hamilton did make a large wire lug watch in a sterling silver case by Fahys. However, it was an 0-size watch, rather than a 3/0-size like your Illinois.

Bryan J. Girouard
Art Deco Wristwatches

Posts: 169 | Location: Dallas, Texas U.S.A, | Registered: March 30, 2004
Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
posted
Adam, I intended to include a photo of the Hamilton sterling silver watch referenced in my above post, but the photo would not load.

Go to my website "Vintage Hamilton Watches" by clicking the link below my name signature in the post, and then to "Hamilton Information" and then "Hamilton Collection Page 1" to see the watch. Sorry for making you jump through all the hoops.

Bryan J. Girouard
Art Deco Wristwatches

posted
Bryan,

Thanks for the information. I will try to post some pictures this evening of the Illinois.

Adam

Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
posted
I'll try again with the photo.

Bryan J. Girouard
Art Deco Wristwatches

posted
Here are some pictures of the Illinois. Any information is appreciated.

posted
Inside Back

posted
Movement