Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Really Old Abercrombie & Fitch "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
Here is my latest vintage Abercrombie & Fitch wrist watch. It is 13 ligne, has a 7j movement by Paskar Watch Co., and a flawless white enamel dial. The lettering on the dial is inconsistent, so I suspect it may have been hand-painted. Also of interest is the Latin/French word "et" instead of "&". The case is sterling silver and the strap appears to be original.

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
Here is the Paskar movement. I couldn't find much on the company, but did read that ebauches were probably acquired through "cottage industries." Movement is intact, but not running. Balance staff is good, but appears to have a broken hairspring.

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
Here is a shot of the strap from the back.

posted
Wow, what a beauty. Thanks for the pics!

Posts: 54 | Location: Danville, Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 31, 2014