Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Elgin Watch Case Question "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Ok, I'm back here where I don't belong Smile but I have a question for the wrist watch people. Please take a look at these pictures of this Elgin w/w case and tell me if it is unusual. The back of the case has 4 screws to hold it on the bezel. I don't recall seeing this on Elgin wrist watches.
Thanks,
Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Pic 2

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Pic 3

posted
Brian, I have seen one Elgin like that. It was given to me by a lady in the neighborhood. It had been worn by her uncle who was a farmer. I have never seen a watch attacked with as much moisture, corrosion, hayseeds, etc as this one. So, if the case was an attempt at waterproofing, it didn't work for the one I have. Looked for it for a pic, but can't find it.

Tom

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Thanks Tom.
Anyone else?
Brian C.

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
I had a mans 21j Lord Elgin that had that exact type case last year. Traded it off, but it had the same 4 screw arrangement as shown in your photo. Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Thanks Mark.
Brian C.

posted
I have seen a few of these.I even have a customer who still wears one.The crystal of this watch has a flange and a gasket between the case and crystal and a gasket at the case back. If these watches were serviced as they should be they are pretty good models.
J Smith

Posts: 188 | Location: Warrenton, North Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: January 12, 2003
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Yes Julian,
That's the one I have.
Thanks,
Brian C.