Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ball Company ww movement "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1613
posted
I bought a Ball Company ww movement today...It needs a lot of help..It is a Ball Company swiss model 1604B 21 jewel movement..Does anyone know who made these movements and what movement might have interchangeable parts...Thanks for any help I can get..

Posts: 2003 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Before they sold the Official RR Standard Trainmaster using the Eta 2821 automatic 25-jewel movement [and perhaps other calibres that I'm not aware of], they sold a manual-wind version using the A. Schild caliber 1604B, 21-jewel movement with center (sweep) seconds and seconds-setting [hack] feature. I believe that this was probably the first Ball wrist watch to get railroad approval.

Interestingly, Elgin eventually dropped their use of a domestic Elgin movement in their 23-jewel B.W. Raymond wrist watch, and switched to the A. Schild 1604B for a new 21-jewel, sweep-seconds version of the B.W. Raymond RR Wrist watch, the same manual-wind movement used in the first Ball RR wrist watch!

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC Member 1613
posted
Thanks again for the info Buster...It looks like this movement will go in my bucket list pile...I am not seeing any other movement that has interchangeable parts...It might take a while for this one..

Posts: 2003 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011