• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Nother Omega question "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I purchased a gold and diamond lady's dress watch with a quartz movement. The case and movement were both omega. The seller is now telling me that in replacing the battery the movement has been damaged. He is offering to have the movement repaired or give me my money back. My wife likes the watch and I think I got it at a good price. Can quartz movements be repaired? Is there a common accident that might occur in changing the battery? If the movement has to be replaced can one get Omega movements and would that be important? Bob

Rancher

Posts: 28 | Location: San Antonio, Texas USA | Registered: December 13, 2005
posted
Robert,
if you can let me know the Omega Model and if possible the model number of the movement I can check with my watch repairman up in Dallas to see what your options may be. Pictures would also help.

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
posted
Dave good to hear from you. The English skelton clock turned out great. I will try to send you a picture. The dealer on the Omega has supposedly found a movement so I will see how it works out. Hope all is well with you. Bob

Rancher

Posts: 28 | Location: San Antonio, Texas USA | Registered: December 13, 2005
posted
Robert,
I hope you post a picture of your restored skeleton clock. I'm eager to see what it now looks like.

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004