• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Watch Company Information Please "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I was wondering if anyone had any information on the ELAINE WATCH CO.

Any information is appreciated.

Adam

Posts: 311 | Location: Near Youngstown, Ohio USA | Registered: January 11, 2006
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Hi,
I found an Elaine name listed under Bayer Pretzfeider & Mills: Inc., NYC

Not much, but I hope it helps some.

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
Sheila,

Thank you for the information. I will go see what I can find on them...hopefully something!

Adam

posted
Adam,
Your welcome, and I also did a search, and got nothing at all. I found the information above in one of my Trademark books. If you find anything, post it for me ok?

Sheila

posted
There is an Elaine ladies wrist watch on Ebay, enameled case, 6 jewels I think and not running. I neglected to save the link but found it by searching for elaine in the title and description fields in the wrist watch section.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
I've had a terrific Elaine WGF large tonneau csae for ages. A few weeks ago I bought a big box of watch dreck amongst which turned up an AS 340 mv't signed Elaine with it's Elaine signed dial with wgf numerals. I have a customer/friend
named Elaine who has actually nagged me to hurry up and find the right stuff to fill this case! It is still a work in progress but I'll post a pic of the final product here. It's been a "back burner" project that, looks like, will have been worth the wait (10 yrs.?).

Adam, Do you have Kathleen Pritchard's Swiss Watches book? I do and will forward the info on Elaine if you need it.
-Cort

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004
posted
My search was for "Bayer Pretzfeider & Mills: Inc., NYC"

I didn't really look for the Elaine name after I found the link between the two, but I'm sure there are more with that name, I do remember them.

I'll post if I find more, still looking.

Good info you guys

Sheila

posted
I knew I had seen that name before and it is listed as the (ELAINE WATCH CO) listed in the name I mentioned above,

Bayer Pretzfeider & Mills: Inc., NYC

So they used the Elaine Watch Co. as theirs!

before I thought it was just a named watch, but it is listed in Ehrhardt's book as the name of a company listed under the Bayer Pretzfeider & Mills Inc NYC Co.

His book also mentions many Elaine names, but I'm having a hard time finding them, but I have seen more of them, so I'm still searching.

Sheila

posted
Thank you for all of the information everyone! It is appreciated. Sorry for the delay in responding.

Cort,

I would be interested in the information if you could send it to me. Also, do you have a picture of the Elaine watch that you have? Mine is a HUGE rectangular watch with metal dial.

Thanks,

Adam

posted
Adam,
Sorry I forgot to add the Trademark, and address for this one. See below:

Bayer & Pretzfelder & Mills
5 E. 17th Street
New York.
(Elaine Watch Co.)

Sheila