• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

60's Hamilton "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I'd be grateful for any help in identifying this Hamilton. I received it as a gift in 1963 and assume it was purchased around then. The outside case back reads "Hamilton" and "10K RGP Bezel Stainless Steel Back." I was unable to safely access the movement but it is manual winding. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 7 | Location: Cotuit, Massachusetts USA | Registered: July 16, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
Ramsey --- from 1961 Appears to have wrong hands as the minute hand has a central hole, which is not usual in the minute hand of a watch with sub-seconds.

DM

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Hi Randall,

Thanks for sharing your great looking watch with us.

Following up on Dan's comments I checked the 1962-63 Hamilton catalog and found Ramsey on page 24 at the upper right. Interestingly I could not find it before or after that catalog which may indicate it was offered for only a short time. In the image below, unfortunately there is an "X" through the illustration. My impression that indicates the model was discontinued. Perhaps someone else may be able to come up with a cleaner copy and scan it for you.

About those hands, from the drawing in the catalog they appear to be correct and if we look very closely there is a circle in the center which could indicate the hole we see in your minute hand. Remember that is drawing, an artist's rendering so we are left to conclude whatever we can based upon the available information. Since you have owned the watch since new that of course is a factor. Perhaps Dan and others can provide additional information.

By the way, do you have the box and any original paperwork?

Lindell

From the 1962-63 Hamilton Jeweler's Sales Catalog...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Thank you for the most helpful information. I still have the original plastic "pagoda" box but no paperwork. I believe it was purchased at J.H. Henkes (watchmaker) in Los Angeles in 1963. As I recall the original band was a Speidel-type expansion bracelet - which has since disappeared. It still keeps accurate time...

Posts: 7 | Location: Cotuit, Massachusetts USA | Registered: July 16, 2006