Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Omega Speedmaster Birthday Cake "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Hello wristwatch people,

On May 8th I turned 50. Marisa, Oliver & I along with some of our friends rented a house for the event in the small town of Salmon Creek on the Sonoma coast, about 1.5 hours north of our home in San Francisco. After a wonderful birthday dinner of fresh crab and tri-tip, I was presented with a huge black cake that was decorated to look like an Omega Speedmaster chronograph!

I had owned a 1965 cal. 321 Speedmaster which I acquired in 1992 but ended up selling it some years later. Even though that watch was a bit beat up, It was a fabulous timepiece for every technical and historical reason and I regretted selling it ever since the day it left my wrist. My wife Marisa never heard the end of it. As such, the Speedmaster birthday cake was a delight to behold but at the same time, a cruel reminder of a very, very big mistake.

But the story doesn't end there.....

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
.....My birthday card contained a certificate entitling me to one new Omega Speedmaster Professional! Apparently, Marisa had conspired since December to get our family and friends to contribute to the cause and today, I am happily wearing a brand new 3570.50 cal. 1861 Speedmaster! Aside from the day I was born, this is probably the best birthday ever!

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
posted
William I want to hear the rest of the story did you get another speedmaster thats what I am thinking for your Birthday and have a great Birthday.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
Mike,

Yes! The last photo shows the new watch indicating 2:27. I got it from the Fed Ex guy at 12:30. The watch is only about 2 hours old! I plan on keeping this one.

William

posted
William I can see the photo of your new Omega now.It was not showing the photo before.Congrats on your new watch.I am still waiting for my Omega Speedmaster MK II to come in the mail.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
Picture of Mary Ann Scott
posted
William - what a great birthday present! And a really neat birthday cake, too! You are blessed to have such a wonderful wife, son and friends. May you wear it in good health for the next 50 years!
Congratulations. Big Grin

Posts: 1047 | Location: The Colony, Texas in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2008
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Gotta show this to my wife,,, HINT - HINT

Great women you have there !! Smile

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
Wow. That is really a great birthday gift. Great watch.

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003
posted
William , would you please send me your wifes phone number ? My wife needs to talk to her . Happy birthday, Mike

Posts: 124 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: May 27, 2009
Picture of Richard Romero
posted
William,

The BIG Five-O Congratulations. What an awesome cake, Marisa is very creative. You must feel out of the world like the Man on the Moon. I had to look up the watch it's so cool.

Happy Birthday and Enjoy,
Rich

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010