Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton questions "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Good evening all.
This watch recently came into our office as part of an estate and I may get lucky enough to purchase it. I was looking for any information all you big brains might have about it! It looks to be almost pristine condition. Does it have a particular name? Is it a good series? All the general questions of course! Thanks for any input.

Posts: 257 | Location: Worthington, Ohio in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2005
posted
Here's the inside. Serial number is G428442.
Thanks again!

Posts: 257 | Location: Worthington, Ohio in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2005
posted
Edward, that watch is a "Myron" which was produced by Hamilton from 1940 through about 1951 skipping WWII. The one you are looking at was made in 1945 or 1946 based on Gelson's serial number list. The 980 movement was widely used with a total production of over 600,000. In 1947 they sold for $62.50 according to the Hamilton price list.

Posts: 346 | Location: Woodland Hills, California in the USA | Registered: January 07, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Pg 823 of the 2013 Price Guide values the "Myron" at $100-$200.00

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
In comparison to anything else being made during this time, US made Hamilton watches were of excellent quality and even superior to most Swiss brands. Even today, they're practical timepieces to wind, wear and enjoy.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
posted
Thanks for the input gentlemen. I'm thrilled to say that I got this watch, and even happier to say that it was for a song! It looks almost like new now, so just a little COA and it will just gleam! Thanks again for the comments!