• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 987 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I am looking at a Hamilton 987 wrist watch. The case is an engraved tonneau style. The serial number is 2282612, and the case serial number is 0372342, and it is 14K gold filled. The dial is very tarnished, and maybe it is silver. If I read the Gelson list correctly, the watch should be a 987F. The jewels on this watch are screwed down. I guess it dates to about 1927-28. Any comment as to value or anything else.

Thanks, Jerry Freedman

Posts: 767 | Location: Los Osos, California USA | Registered: December 12, 2002
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
jerry i have always been a fan of the hamilton 986 and 987 series watch movements in good condition they will keep railroad time.Hard withour pictures too auctully put a price on the watch if in a Hamilton marked case that of course is a plus ,,i do know that in the last few months the Hamilton wristes have made a comeback from last year,s prices. Smile

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
posted
Jerry,

Hamilton wristwatches are a lot different than pocketwatches. The value of a 987 is VERY much dependant upon the case it is in. I have watches with a 987 movement worth less than $100 and I also have watches with a 987 worth $3,000+. The same goes for 987Fs.

Rick

Posts: 141 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2005