• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Interesting ladies Hamiltons "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
When I saw Rich's thread, I thought I'd post a pic of two interesting ladies Hamiltons. Both watches have 6-0 movements, one a 987 and the other a 986. The Sn's date them to the early 1920's.

Tom

Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Very nice looking. ... and what about the cases? Do you know who made them?

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
posted
This may be somewhat unrelated to the actual topic, but it certainly did interest me. The attached pictures are of a watch that I have. I have been told that it is a "Miscellaneous Swiss". Though different, the similarity of the styles of the two cases interested me. I can see where the manufacturers of some of these "Miscellaneous Swiss" watches got their inspiration. I have a feeling that the "Nov-E-Line" case might not be quite as high quality as the ones shown. Just my little sidebar. Love the information knowledge that everyone brings to the table here.

Posts: 257 | Location: Worthington, Ohio in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2005
posted
Here is the actual case.

Posts: 257 | Location: Worthington, Ohio in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2005
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Here is 2 more of the early Hamilton,s both in Hamilton cases..

Sorry for the bad pictures .

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
986 and 986a movement,s

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
Gold filled cases.

posted
I tried to get a pic of the case back on mine, but could not get a clear shot. Both of mine are marked for Hamilton exactly like the casebacks that Sammie showed.

Tom