Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Thanks and New Question "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of John Reed
posted
Thank you very much. I appreciate your words of welcome, advice, and encouragement.

I have a copy of the 2008 Shugart Watch Guide on the way.

My Hamilton Boulton arrived yesterday. It is a beautiful watch, in mint condition. Unfortunately, the plastic crystal came off in transit. The dealer assures me that this is an easy fix. (I don't doubt that.) Would a glass crystal be available for his watch? I would much prefer a glass crystal if that were an option.

So my quest for a good watch repair person begins sooner rather than later.

I don't have a digital camera at the moment, a situation that I hope to rememdy soon, at which time I'll post pictures of the watches for your feedback.

Posts: 11 | Location: Memphis, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: January 19, 2008
Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
posted
Greetings,

Because this model is one of the most popular Hamilton's, plastic GS crystals are very available and inexpensive. I custom cut and fitted glass or mineral glass crystal could be made. I personally always prefer a real glass crystal. I use Murhpy's Crystal service in Ceres California. You can find the address on www.whitepages.com. If you can't, I can post the address here when I get back into town. They do great work, turn around time is 10 days, and cost is under $30.00.

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198
Life Member# 17

Posts: 813 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: January 22, 2003