Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Pulsar RR approved question "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
I picked up a Pulsar, railroad approved wristwatch from eBay a while back, for a daily wear, had a new battery put in, runs and stops, is it worth returning for repair.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
posted
When I say returning, I mean to Seiko, not the seller.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
picture please .
Also check with our watchmakers they might be
cheaper .

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
Peter, it's just a garden variety Pulsar, quartz watch, dial is marked Railroad Approved, stainless steel, they show up on eBay often. I was really trying to get a feel if it's worth sending back to Seiko. I think retail is about $70 new, already have about half that in this.

Gary

posted
Does it look like this one Gary..if so, worth fixing i would think. Pulsar RR approved

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Gary,

As you see in Ray's post Lindell sells these watches so we have experience with them and with Seiko, they are a responsible company with an excellent return policy. But it is important to know not to send them the box because you will not get a box with your replacement watch. They will send you a brand new watch, but just the watch, also the bracelet will have the extra links and will likely have to be sized to your wrist.

If yours is like the ones Lindell sells they are very good watches. Let us know if we can be of help in any way.

Debbie

Smile

Posts: 5220 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
posted
Hi, and thanks for the replies.

My watch appears to be the same as the watch Lindell had listed. I am not sure if it's the same grade though, is there a way I can determine the grade?

Gary

posted
I checked the case back, it has the same markings as the watch shown, VJ33-X004, serial no. 810855.

Gary