• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Weird Quartz Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
While on vacation last week my watch quit working. I bought a cheap quartz watch to use until I returned home. The watch has a dual display, analog and digital. I set both to the time that is displayed in our "Members Auctions" forum. This was done on 7/11.

Now here is the weird part. The analog display is within one second after almost a week. The digital display is 8 seconds fast! I doubt that the watch has two time bases so how could the difference be explained? If the analog works has some kind of drag that is causing it to loose time it is doing so at the same rate that the digital circuit is gaining.

Anyone have any ideas?

Joe

Posts: 450 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A. | Registered: October 10, 2004
posted
Joe, I have an older Pulsar wristwatch which also has the two timing registers. Mine also will show a difference between the digital and the analog. Obviously, they are not tied together.

Tom

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Since they are set separately, it probably follows they are essentially two separate movements in one housing. With all the dependance on quartz movements today, they still seem to "drift" usually running a bit fast. Perhaps the theory is at least you won't be late. Roll Eyes

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002