Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham 6/0 14k green gold "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Here is a nice old watch in top condition .

14k solid green gold waltham case

6/0 17j ruby movement

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
back

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
edge of the case and the lugs are engraved

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Sammie, lovely Waltham.

Glorious hands and superb engravings.

Date 20's / 30's.

A nice timepiece for your collection.

Timely regards.

Roy.

"So mote it be!"

Posts: 463 | Location: London in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 11, 2006
Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
posted
Hi Samie:

That's a great looking Waltham. I've never seen one like it.

Do you know the model name? And does it has a premimum Waltham movement?

Regards,

Will

Posts: 80 | Location: Carlstadt, New Jersey U.S.A. | Registered: January 23, 2005
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Samie - that is a superb watch, and very much like the Waltham wristwatches that I collect and research (see THIS LINK). Can you show us a picture of the inside back of the case?

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
the movement was a basket case when i bought the watch a couple of months ago,,there was that ((great)) green stuff on all the screws and under the dial.It had a bad fitting plastic crystal which let moisture to get to the movement..3 screws broke off even with the piller plate..

The ruby movement in the watch now dates to 1933.the original movement is just like this one but dates to 1926

I am in the process of restoring the original 17j ruby movement which dates to 1926. when i get it going it will go back in the watch..

The dial and hands were on the watch when i bought it and more than likely original to the watch..I tried some other dials but decided to leave the original dial on the watch..

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
Jerry here is a picture of the case hallmark

Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
In my experience, Solidarity cases are almost always well made and finished. Here is slightly smaller (10-ligne) ladies watch in a Solidarity white-gold carved case from about the same era.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
Jerry your right they are great cases i have several in 14k gold in hamilton ,waltham and elgin..I sold a watch to Tony Dukes last year that was similar to the one i posted picture of but i don,t remember which company made the case,,maybe he can tell us,i remember it was a very nice waltham.