• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

***WATCHES RESTORED BY RICH KHUN*** "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Today I received a couple of restored watches I'd bought from RICH KHUN and I felt I must share them with you.

****RICH REALLY DOES GREAT WORK **** Big Grin Big Grin

* The first watch is a solid 14K Gold LeCoultre automatic with a 17J, Cal. 476 "bump wind" movement. The dial has been refinished in a two tone brushed copper look accented by gold markers. I think you'll agree it really provides a stunning look.

* The second watch is a Hamilton "CLARK". While the CLARK is not one of the most highly sought Hamilton's, I think you'd be hard pushed to find a nicer example of this watch which dates from around the 1930's.

Figure I

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
posted
Figure II

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
posted
Dave:

Two very nice watches. Congratulations! And it appears that Mr. Khun has done a fine job indeed.

I am partial to Hamilton's and wanted to add that the Clark is in fact, a very collectable Hamilton. The Clark was a popular watch when introduced (1936) and was the second generation to utilize Hamilton's 17-jewel 980 movement. At the time of introduction, the Clark was Hamilton's longest wristwatch and because of its length, it was curved to fit the wrist.

Interestingly, the Clark is often confused with the Yorktowne which was introduced in 1940. Each utilize the same Wadsworth case design, only the Clark case is 14K gold-filled while the Yorktowne case is 10K gold-filled.

Must importantly however, is that it looks great and I am sure will look even better on your wrist.

Wear both in health.

Regards,

Will

Posts: 80 | Location: Carlstadt, New Jersey U.S.A. | Registered: January 23, 2005