Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bulova 10BH Year of Production "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
Does anyone have any information concerning the year of production of this Bulova watch? The movement is a 10BH...I went to the website of one of our members who is working on a database of Bulova watches, but in all the watches listed, there wasn't a single 10BH. In addition to the movement number, it also says A9, Bulova Watch Co., USA, 17 Jewels. Inside the case says Bulova, 10K Rolled Gold Plate Bezel, Stainless Back, New York. The outside of the case back says Bulova 49, and 1006991. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
These are some other parts to the watch. I forgot to mention that the movement is complete, but I have the balance cock and balance assembly removed for a bit of work on the hairspring (actually a lot of work, ugh!).

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
Here is another angle of the bezel. I am kind of guessing 1935 to 1940. What do you experts think?

IHC Life Member
Picture of John "cranster" McElhenny
posted
Samuel posting under Johns name.
A9 on the movement which would put it at 1949.
Samuel

Posts: 349 | Location: Western New York in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 22, 2002
IHC Life Member
posted
Samuel, thanks for identifying the date on this neat old watch. I can't wait to get it back together and start wearing it. Can you tell me where I might find a list of these date codes in case I come across more old Bulovas?

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Bruce, on page 689 of the price guide is a list showing the marks that indicate the age of the early Bulova's....

Then on page 704 there is a list in the top left corner that shows the dates of the later Bulova watches....

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
Have a look at this page and site for valuable information on vintage Bulova's.

http://www.mybulova.com/bulova_movements.cfm

Posts: 97 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: April 28, 2007