WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Only happens once in a lifetime... (Omega 33.3 Cro T1) "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Francesco Marco Maraschin
posted
Hi guys,
Today I was at my moms friends house because her husband use to collect watches and I asked if I could have a look at the collection, he has a great collection but it was never looked at and was just sitting, gathering dust. Just before we where about to leave I asked if he would sell any watches [my real intention of going there...]

He said...no.

But then he picked up a watch and said I could have it, he said he noticed me oogling it Razz
It is an Omega 33.3.

Posts: 226 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: November 19, 2012
posted
Can anyone tell me anything about it, I realize it is quite valuable [I am still cant get over the fact it was given to me Confused ], but other than that I know nothing, could anyone help me out.
Thanks Guys
Francesco

Serial:9584348
Case SN:955706
Cal: 33.3 Cro T1 [says that under balance {dont know what T1 stands for}]

Posts: 226 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: November 19, 2012
posted
Movt is dirty but I wouldn't dare clean it myself.
Maybe ill take it to Omega someday for them to clean it.

posted
I tried looking it up on the omega website [there watch database] but the way they require you to enter the numbers is confusing and so are there instructions.

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
I'm thinking 9-10k Wink what a remarkable gift Big Grin

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
You've got me drooling Francesco!!
Here's as close as I can find to it:
http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/b...uswk&Omega_27CHRO_T1
Chris Abell and others here I'm sure can tell you what it is.
Very fine watch indeed! Smile

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
WOW nice gift.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 1357
posted
WOW!!What a gift!!
Regards
Roger

Posts: 4093 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Francesco,

You may wish to reconsider sending a fine antique to Omega for service. There are much better options and some right here within this group are far more qualified to take on such work and far more likely to charge a realistic price for it.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Agree with William.
Omega was asking way over price for what I need to have them done on one of mines so good local watchmaker did for less them half price with ordering parts from them.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 1016
posted
That is not only really special that it was gifted to you, but more importantly, that you really appreciate it. That's some watch and I'll be following this thread for comments by the experts. Great gift!

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
posted
Hi Francesco

You sure not overheard something like washing the car, cutting the lawn or sweeping the sidewalk for lifetime ? Big Grin

Regards
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009