• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

WW2 Hamilton "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
This is my first post. This Hamilton belonged to my father, who allegedly won it in a poker game while in the Army Air Corps during World War 2. Movement is a 980, number on movement is G29170, case no. is 347710. Needs some TLC, but would anyone care to hazard a guess model-wise? Thanks

photo

Posts: 7 | Location: Cotuit, Massachusetts USA | Registered: July 16, 2006
Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of Bryan J. Girouard
posted
That is a "Boone" model. Serial number of movement dates it to around 1935 or 1936.

Bryan J. Girouard
Art Deco Wristwatches

Posts: 169 | Location: Dallas, Texas U.S.A, | Registered: March 30, 2004
posted
Watch out you don't lose that #7!

Looks like the #5 is loose too.

Posts: 95 | Location: Pembroke Pines, Florida USA | Registered: January 16, 2006
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Hi Randall,
Even with it's problems, it's a nice looking watch. Very nice. Does it work? even a little bit?
I don't know anything about fixing a case like this one, but I sure would have the watch movement cleaned and repaired, and also find out about restoring the case. May cost a bit more, but it has been in a war with your father, has a good history, and is a real "Looker" too.
Thank you for posting it.

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
Thank you so much for the information. This watch has been knocking around our family for 50+ years; it runs intermittently and appears to be complete except for the crystal (now in pieces.) Any direction on case restoration resources?

After the war my father purchased a Hamilton "Endicott" (!) which he wore until his death at age 80 a few years ago. I wear it from time to time and intend to pass it on to my daughter, Ann. Not bad for a $50 watch...

Posts: 7 | Location: Cotuit, Massachusetts USA | Registered: July 16, 2006