Peter Kaszubski
Another good read and funny: A Wall Street guide to watches
Another good read and funny

A Wall Street guide to watches
August 06, 2015, 10:33
Dr. Debbie Irvine

Some of the more interesting quotes…

"...the Submariner is the official Wall Street starter watch."

"...it’s important to care about watches. It’s often the first thing someone will use to size you up."

"...the must-have Rolex is the stainless steel Daytona. And since there’s a waiting list, the real status symbol is paying retail for it."

Thanks Peter!

Smile

August 12, 2015, 04:53
Michael Loggins
All good reasons to wear an 18k Hamilton Masterpiece with gold chain with your vest. Someone in your family had good sense to buy and you have the good sense to have not sold it to some clown on Pawn Stars. Does an elks tooth ruin the look? Too Maine-ish? Wink
August 12, 2015, 12:47
William D. White
Such a dopey article. Many of us actually wear "starter" watches such as Omega and Rolex because of their technical superiority. It just seems sad to spend your work days in an environment where people are constantly being judged by such pretentious babies.

William
August 12, 2015, 12:58
Peter Kaszubski
For wall street snubs might be a starter watch
remember they are buying them with our money.
August 12, 2015, 13:59
William D. White
From the article:

quote:
My starter watch was a Rolex Just Date. It was stolen when I was mugged leaving a bar 3am in London.

Do you think our knowledgeable author meant to say "Datejust" ? HA HA! Even the lucky mugger would know what it's called! Smile

William
August 12, 2015, 15:11
Mark Cross
The only thing I really got out of that article was not to go bar hopping with this guy as he seemed to get mugged all the time and relieved of what ever watch he was wearing at the time. Roll Eyes

Seems he'd be better served wearing a Timex or some such example when out hitting the bars.

Wink

Regard! Mark