• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Zenith Favre Leuba movement "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have this wrist watch movement minus the crown and stem. These Favre Leuba movements made by Zenith seem to be well known and have been discussed around the internet here and there.

This movement is marked ZENITH A and numbered 2531446 which places it in the mid 1920's I guess. The dial is in reasonable condition with just one chunk out of the edge, hands missing. It appears to be all there (apart from the crown/stem)and the balance swings freely.

My questions - are parts for such a movement still available? and if so, given that an old case is going to be hard to find, is it possible to purchase a modern case for this calibre. The dial measures 28mm.

I would love to see this running again and on my wrist as a dress watch.

Any thoughts please.

movement

Posts: 15 | Location: Lincoln in the United Kingdom | Registered: September 22, 2013
posted
And here is the dial.

Can someone put me out of my misery - I don't seem to be able to put up more than one image at a time. Sorry

The dial

Posts: 15 | Location: Lincoln in the United Kingdom | Registered: September 22, 2013
posted
Nice regulator. Cool

Posts: 784 | Location: Tijeras, New Mexico USA | Registered: July 12, 2005
posted
Hi Ernest, Thanks - Zenith movements and watches are always nice to have.

Believe it or not - I went through Tijeras (well strictly speaking flashed by) on the "40" on my way from Amarillo to Albuquerque a couple of years ago and that's a long way from home.

posted
Hi All,

Zenith tell me the movement is caliber 12 as I had been advised and made 1927.

They also confirmed that they could repair it, but that no Zenith cases are available. I assume that I could obtain a modern case somewhere.

IHC Member 1892
posted
Hi David: Just wondering if you have had any luck with this movement. I also like Zenith and old WW but do not have an old Zenith WW. Have you checked out the possability of using an old case and refitting the movement. It would not be original but you could wear it and get it going. There must be many nice old silver cases floating that part of the world that could be refitted. Good luck with it.

Posts: 361 | Location: Kincardine, Ontario in Canada | Registered: November 25, 2013