• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Rare 14k Hamilton *Baton* "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I was curious if anybody knew the production figures for this piece? The last one I saw sold for a substantial sum of money.

Posts: 77 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: March 21, 2005
posted
Back

Posts: 77 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: March 21, 2005
IHC Member 500
Wristwatch Expert
Picture of René Rondeau
posted
Unfortunately no production figures are known to survive. It was first catalogued in 1958 at $125, and was listed up to the 1960 issue. Despite three years in the catalog, sales must not have been very high since it's definitely a scarce model that isn't often found today. I suspect that, like the "Doublet," the thin gold decorative bars were prone to damage and that could partially account for a low survival rate. Yours looks fantastic!

Posts: 183 | Location: Corte Madera, California USA | Registered: March 31, 2005
posted
Thanks Rene. It's an interesting watch. Here's another view.

posted
Thanks for the pics and the info... I had never seen an image of one before. Is it pretty small?? (maybe 32mmx24mm or so??)

Rick

Posts: 141 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2005
posted
Rick,

It's not that small, actually it's 27mm wide x 31mm long including lugs.

posted
Here is the Baton from the 58 catalog.

Don

Posts: 173 | Location: Columbia, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: July 13, 2004