Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Mason white gold filled "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
I bought several wristwatches this weekend several of them were hamilton,s here is one of them..

The Hamilton Mason in a 10k white gold filled case..

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
another shot of the front

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
the back

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
the movement is a 987f 17 jewel

Hamilton WW Expert

Picture of Gary Cole
posted
very nice watch , unique dial - reminds me of a Hamilton Turner i have -

lets see what else you bought

Gary

Posts: 61 | Location: Sarasota, Florida U.S.A. | Registered: May 30, 2004
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
Gray it was a small group of 23 watches this time there was 6 hamiltons this one ,,a Russell---a Franklin--A perry and a couple of the later Hamilton,s one is a 23 jewel and the other a 17 jewel both made in the 60,s...There was 4 gold case watches but they were a gruen, bulova ,and a couple of lord elgin,s...

The guy has several solid gold hamilton,s both pocket and wristwatches ,,i have tried hard to buy the gold ones but we can,t get together on the price..

I will get the other Hamiltons cleaned up sometime this week and try and post some more pictures..

IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
I hear there has been a great deal of interest in the Mason. Wish one of the hamilton experts would tell us about the Mason and why the interest. Thanks-always trying to learn something new.
Tony Smile

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC Member 500
Wristwatch Expert
Picture of René Rondeau
posted
Lovely watch, and quite rare -- production records show 1,049 made in white gold-fill and 9,366 in yellow.

Posts: 183 | Location: Corte Madera, California USA | Registered: March 31, 2005
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
What can you tell us about the dial.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC Member 500
Wristwatch Expert
Picture of René Rondeau
posted
The dial appears to be incorrect, taken from a Turner. If you look at the shape of the minute track you'll see that it comes to something of a point at 9 and 3, which corresponds with the Turner but doesn't follow the contour of the Mason bezel. This dial design was not originally listed for the Mason.

Posts: 183 | Location: Corte Madera, California USA | Registered: March 31, 2005
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Rene,
Thanks for the info. Was this dial only available with the Turner?

Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of Bryan J. Girouard
posted
Yes, the dial on Samie's watch was intended for the Turner and only the Turner. While the Mason was available with a similar black enamel painted numeral dial, it is noticeably different than the one used on the Turner.

Bryan J. Girouard
Art Deco Wristwatches

Posts: 169 | Location: Dallas, Texas U.S.A, | Registered: March 30, 2004