Bill Hansen
IHC# 198
Life Member# 17

Posts: 813 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: January 22, 2003
IHC Member 500
Wristwatch Expert
Picture of René Rondeau
posted
The case appears to be a "Thinline 2040" (1971), although the catalog does not show a diamond dial option. Then again, this was Hamilton's lowest point and the catalog doesn't even show prices or information on case metal....

Posts: 183 | Location: Corte Madera, California USA | Registered: March 31, 2005
posted
Gentlemen:

Allow me to solve the mystery for you...please look under Horological Items for Sale.

Go to...

DAN'S Wrist Watches for sale...look at item 1W...ergo...your mystery is solved.
Excepting for date of watch.

Dan

Mr. Hansen, I was under the impression that I was the first buyer of the Elgin (Ogden) movement you recently posted...instead it went to someone who wanted to repair it and donate it to the museum. Was I that wrong?

Posts: 391 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: April 20, 2006
Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
posted
Dear Mr. Weiss,

I appreciated you sending me the photo of the "Hamilton Cushion". You are certainly correct that this is indeed a cushion shape, but I was thrown by the modern look. I was anticipating one of the early Hamilton "Cushion" models, and I couldn't identify this model. I emailed Rene privately, but my computer skills let me down, and I was unable to send him the images you sent to me. Consequently I posted the photo's here so that Rene could look at them and offer his thoughts about this watch. I specifically was seeking the name or model number.

As for the Elgin watch movement, I suspect that was an item listed by Fred Hansen.

I'm William.

Fred's taller, better looking, and a real expert on pocket watches. I suspect somewhere generations ago there is a family connection..

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198
Life Member# 17

posted
Could you send me your email address...I have a HAMILTON-ILLINOIS, could be from when Hamilton took over the Illinois plant.

I have photos.

dweiss17@ verizon.net

Posts: 391 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: April 20, 2006
Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
posted
psychiatrichelp@cinci.rr.com

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198
Life Member# 17

posted
TOO late!

I did a little detective work and put 2 and 3 together and came up with your email address. Thanks!

Dan