Internet Horology Club 185
Lord Elgin Chevron Jump 719 Movement

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9886009961/m/1373907297

May 10, 2019, 06:03
Michael R. Lemke
Lord Elgin Chevron Jump 719 Movement
First post here. Been collecting vintage wrist watches for years. Nothing too pricey but a nice collection. Recently picked up an Lord Elgin Chevron Jump 719 Movement. Cosmetically very clean and advertised as keeping time. It does but only once it loses 12 minutes. Once set and wound it keep time till the top of the first hour then a pause for 12 minutes and then works just fine the balance of the day, albeit 12 minutes late on each hour. For example, set it at 8:02. Keeps perfect time till approximately 8:55 at which point it stalls until approximately 12 minutes elapses. Then the 9:00 jump occurs but it's actually 9:12. Will keep perfect time the balance of the day from that point forward. At 11:12 the watch reads 11:00 at 11:30 the watch reads 11:18 and 3:45 the watch reads 3:33. I have tried setting the watch 12 minutes ahead of the actual time assuming I'd get it back when the first jump happens but when I do that it holds the time, but 12 minutes ahead. I know these are temperamental watches but I feel like I am missing something with the time setting. At a minimum I think it could use servicing at least for cleaning, lubrication and calibration. Hoping to get some thoughts and ideas as well as looking for a watchmaker for the cleaning, lubrication and calibration. Recommendations appreciated. Thanks for looking.

May 16, 2019, 11:39
Michael R. Lemke
37 reviews. O comments or recommendations on a repair tech. Not making a new member feel welcome. Wink
May 16, 2019, 22:34
Roger Stephens
I would contact Chris Abell. He is a member here and highly regarded as watch maker/repair

Sorry I don't know anything about wrist watches.

Roger
May 18, 2019, 17:18
Tony Dukes
Chris Abell
May 20, 2019, 15:22
Mark Cross
Don't let the lack or replies make you feel unwelcome. Sometimes folks aren't around for a while, then suddenly you'll see a flurry of activity, so bear with us.

We're out here and welcome.

Another vote for Chris. I've gone to him for literally YEARS, and he's VERY good!

Regards! Mark
May 21, 2019, 20:05
Chris Abell
Hi guys
Thanks for recommending me got a bit busy and just now
Had chance to respond, I PM Mike
Thanks all

www.Abellwatchmakers.com